Gemini: A zodiacal constellation in the northern hemisphere between Taurus and Cancer on the ecliptic.
With my moon in Gemini I want at least two of everything.
With my sun in Virgo "There was too much for one person to do."
You can also find me at www.julenetrippweaver.com & on Twitter @trippweavepoet

Sunday, March 14, 2010

Going Einstein on you with a pinch of Jobs

Some quotes for our quandaries:

Put your hand on a hot stove for a minute, and it seems like an hour. Sit with a pretty girl for an hour, and it seems like a minute. That's relativity. Albert Einstein

A clever person solves a problem. A wise person avoids it. Albert Einstein

Life is like riding a bicycle. To keep your balance you must keep moving. Albert Einstein

The world is a dangerous place to live, not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it. Albert Einstein

Computers are incredibly fast, accurate and stupid. Human beings are incredibly slow, inaccurate and brilliant. Together they are powerful beyond imagination. Albert Einstein

Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one. Albert Einstein

Science without religion is lame, religion without science is blind. Albert Einstein Out of My Later Years

Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new. Albert Einstein

Education is what remains after one has forgotten everything he learned in school.
Albert Einstein

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. Albert Einstein, The World As I See It

Peace cannot be kept by force. It can only be achieved by understanding. Albert Einstein

Remembering that I'll be dead soon is the most important tool I've ever encountered to help me make the big choices in life. Because almost everything — all external expectations, all pride, all fear of embarrassment or failure - these things just fall away in the face of death, leaving only what is truly important. Remembering that you are going to die is the best way I know to avoid the trap of thinking you have something to lose. You are already naked. There is no reason not to follow your heart.
Steve Jobs

Ruminating with the greats. A favorite quote of mine from Gary Lutz, "I'm a dying creature." Indeed, for me knowing I am dying helps me focus.

No comments:

Post a Comment