Gemini: A zodiacal constellation in the northern hemisphere between Taurus and Cancer on the ecliptic.
With my moon in Gemini I want at least two of everything.
With my sun in Virgo "There was too much for one person to do."
You can also find me at www.julenetrippweaver.com & on Twitter @trippweavepoet

Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Our inconsistencies

minute-to-minute. Here's a quote my partner found to share this Solstice:

"It is educational for me to be confronted (as I often am by my wife) with assertions I made in the recent past but have just contradicted as erroneous, wrongheaded or wholly insane. This momentarily gives me a healthy sense of my own motion in time, a sense of my approximate rather than absolute being, a reminder that the person I am at any given moment is neither identical to the persons of other moments nor to the larger identity which is supposed to endure through the sum of moments. It is never amiss to be reminded of one's inconsistencies, especially since hypocrisy, the champion vice, is often born of no more than inconsistency and forgetfulness." (page 50)

Robert Grudin, Time and the Art of Living, 1981, Ticknor & Fields, NY

No comments:

Post a Comment