Gemini: A zodiacal constellation in the northern hemisphere between Taurus and Cancer on the ecliptic.
With my moon in Gemini I want at least two of everything.
With my sun in Virgo "There was too much for one person to do."
You can also find me at www.julenetrippweaver.com & on Twitter @trippweavepoet

Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Unresolved? Yes, Unresolved.

I beg you to have patience with everything unresolved in your heart and try to love the questions themselves…. Don’t search for the answers…live the questions now. Perhaps, some day far in the future, you will gradually, without even noticing it, live your way into the answer.” Rainer Maria Rilke, from “Letters to a Young Poet”

Minute to minute in the midst of so much that is unanswerable, breathe one breath at a time. Indeed past problems have been answered through the daily tasks of living. One day at a time.

Like those at Guantanamo, those in prison, those being tortured, it's a minute to minute, breath to breath process to the next step whether death or freedom.

At times I get morose about such existential issues. We all grapple with unresolvedness.

A former friend and coworker who was very young was always in angst about his life, where he was in his career, how much he wanted to do, what he wanted to accomplish but hadn't yet. He went back to school for an MBA. He had a wife and 2 children. Then he got a fast spreading Lymphoma shortly after he'd finished his degree. His life was about to take off, but he died, at 33 years old.

A story my partner told me comes from another good friend, the moral in a nutshell is that we never know when our true middle age is. Everyone runs around saying they are having a mid-life crisis. But we never know. My friend's mid-life was 16.5. Dori died at 20 her mid-life was 10. I wrote a poem, Dori: Mid-Life, about it for her that I read at her memorial.

Life is a perpetual crisis of unresolved angst which we must breathe through day to day. One foot forward then the next. Stay in the body. Try to be at peace no matter your situation. A mantra to remember, it could always be worse. Rhymes with morose.

2 comments:

  1. I find the fact that we never truly know our own middle age when we are in it a great reminder. Thank you for this post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lorraine,
    I'm just finding all your comments! Thank you. I'm so glad you are enjoying my writing.
    Julene

    ReplyDelete